Still alive! Who knew?
I know, that's mean. I hate when people say such things about the aging but still very relevant stars of the women's movement. But really: who of any generation has just been dying (DYING!) to know what Phyllis Schlafly thinks about health care reform?
A young conservative member of the Clare Luce Booth Policy Institute, evidently. At an event celebrating Schlafly's lifetime of service to the anti-woman cause, a curious young woman asked Miss Schlafly she thinks about Obama's plan to revamp health insurance. What followed was a bizzare, lie-filled rant based on the increasingly popular and deranged claims of the "deathers" - those who think Obama is trying to do-in the elderly by depriving them of health care. (Sarah Palin, whose anti-women views have earned her comparisons to Schlafly, is also a "deather.")
Like her young Alaskan protégé, Schlafly also has some sort of issue with community organizers. We, evidently, have never held a "real job." Ohhhhhh!! So that's why the pay is so lousy!!
The folks over at Media Action Matters have done a very necessary line-by-line truthiness analysis of Miss Schlafly's arguments.
Miss Schlafly and Miss Palin really should partner up to take this CRAZY on the road! Erratic paranoia, like ballroom dancing, is best done in pairs and I'm sure there are some townhall meetings at which they'd be a huge hit...
While I personally believe abortion is the taking of human life and don't support it and certainly don't want my tax dollars to support it, I respect that others may hold a different view. That does not make those people lunatics, simply misguided.
http://christopherwishnie.com
She continues to be - and shall evermore remain - laughably Schlafly. She really is the gift that keeps giving and giving.
Nice site you have here.
http://www.tomdegan.blogspot.com
Tom Degan