The results of a Facebook status call for "man-hating songs" - or, put more accurately, songs you belt out when he/she/whatever pisses you off and you just need to yell along about heartbreak, pride, revenge, and yes, even Lorena Bobbit style justice. Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions!
This is the MOST AWESOME of all the songs, suggested by my friend Lauren. As she said, it's classy. I can't decide what's better - 1980's country music hair, vintage sexist pigs beating the crap out of each other or the line "if you were here right now I'd rub your face in kitty litter."
These Boots Were Made For Walkin' – Nancy Sinatra
You're So Vain – Carly Simon
Goodbye Earl – Dixie Chicks
Hole in my Head - Dixie Chicks
Since You Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence
Save Up All Your Tears – Cher
Cold Hearted Snake - Paula Abdul
Don't Bother - Shakira
Hot & Cold - Katy Perry
Thelma & Louise - Trish Murphy
You’re No Good - Linda Ronstadt
Promises in the Dark - Pat Benatar
Fuck You - Ani DiFranco
Dilate - Ani DiFranco
You Oughta Know – Alanis Morrisette
How to Play Dead - Sleater-Kinney
Take A Bow - Madonna
Get Him Back - Fiona Apple
He Thinks He'll Keep Her - Mary-Chapin Carpenter
Fuck You – Lily Allen
Shame for You - Lily Allen
Foundations - Kate Nash
But I'm Not Bitter - Kacey Jones
I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
Goodbye to You – Patti Smith
Time for me to Fly - REO Speedwagon
It's Not Right, But it's OK - Whitney Houston
Getting Scared - Imogen Heap
Bye Bye - Alana Davis
There's More to Me Than You - Jessica Andrews
Leave - JoJo
Too Little Too Late-JoJo
Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood
Fuck You Right Back - Frankee
Exile in Guyville (album) – Liz Phair
By the Balls - Cycle Sluts from Hell
Wish You Were a Beer - Cycle Sluts from Hell
You Think You're a Man = The Vaselines
Man Smart, Woman Smarter – Harry Belafonte
Don't Need You - Bikini Kill
The Usual Bad - Discount
Hit the Road Jack - Ray Charles
No Man's Woman -Sinead O'Connor
Terrible Thought - Poe
U + Ur Hand – P!ink
Why Did I Ever Like You - P!nk
Loser - Beck
You’re No Good - Linda Ronstadt
Promises in the Dark - Pat Benatar
Excerpt: "You say I must eat so many lemons cuz I am so bitter...I say I'd rather be with your friends, mate, because they are much fitter."
oh well, its still an amazing song which i was listening today for the same reasons.
this playlist is killer